We wanted to alert all those who are currently receiving or considering Botox treatments of the following information from the FDA:
- A counterfeit version of onabotulinum toxin A (Botox, Allergan) has been found in the United States and may have reached physicians’ offices and medical clinics nationwide
- Distribution was facilitated by an unlicensed supplier who is not authorized to ship or distribute drug products in the United States
- The counterfeit products are considered unsafe and should not be used
- The FDA cannot confirm that the manufacture, quality, storage and handling of these suspect products follow U.S. standards
Counterfeit Botox can be identified by one or more the following:
- The vial is missing the lot number
- The outer carton does not have any entries next to the LOT: MFG: EXP:
- The outer carton and vial display the active ingredient as “Botulinum Toxin Type A” instead of “OnabotulinumtoxinA”
As a wise consumer it is imperative to ask your provider if they use BOTOX and other products from the United States that have FDA approval.
At Face Time with Kevin you can be confident that our product is obtained by an authorized BOTOX supplier and we only use FDA approved products to ensure the safety of our clients.