What are threads?
Sutures are completely safe and are routinely used in surgery, even in cardiothoracic surgery (such as
open-heart surgery). It’s one of the safest materials that can be implanted in the body.
PLLA: Poly-L Lactic Acid:
“Selective Inflammatory Response” Skin is very good at repairing itself, and by inserting Threads, we created a self-healing response that’s supported by your own collagen!
What do they do?
- Provide instant lift to sagging skin without invasive surgery
- Promote your body’s natural collagen and elastin production
- Reduce the appearance of aging by erasing fine lines and wrinkles
- Erase Nasolabial folds and Marionette lines that become visible with aging.
- Eliminate a sagging or double chin caused by gravity associated with aging.
Where Can you use them?
- Lift Brow
- Lift Jowl
- Smooth and Tighten Neck
- Smooth and Tighten Midface
- Build collagen to support the skin and adding a smoother appearance
Types of threads
- Mesh uses smooth threads and serves as a tightening mesh to build collagen. Results appear naturally, without any drastic change!
- Liftis utilized to produce a more dramatic and immediate result. The threads have “cogs”, which provide a grip underneath the skin. This thread produces instant skin repositioning. Your skin will then build new collagen which secures the lift.
What are they not?
- They are not a replacement for surgery
- They are not to build underlying structure that has been loss due to the aging process
What’s the downtime?
- Minimal visual downtime
- May be sore for a few weeks
- Depending on the area we treat there may be sleep positioning restrictions
- Decreased range of motion of area treated
- No massage or procedures on the face for a few weeks
- No strenuous workouts for at lease a week
How long do they last?
- 8-9 months but collagen lasts for well over a year
- The fine suture thread is absorbed and won’t leave you with any scar tissue.